- To manage the risk of feedlot diseases by having scheduled surveillance of disease on feedlots and at the abattoir.
- To have regular reviews of vaccination and medication practices with an aim to reduce cost of production and optimise productivity.
- To allow feedlotters to more accurately budget veterinary and production consulting expenses.
- Ability to interact with Australian and international expertise in health, production, nutrition and employee management.
- To be aware of new feedlot technologies from around the world.
- To ensure compliance for producers and veterinarians with registration and legal requirements associated with supply and use of veterinary pharmaceuticals and biologicals.
The Services and activities provided as part of Southern Cross Feedlot Services can be personalised depending on the feedlot’s requirements and ability to meet the goals for different sized entities. The following pages outline the program for which can be tailored for different feedlot sizes and locations.